Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Lord, I'm Weary



Lord, I’m weary and broken, the next step feels too painful for me to take.


‘Here’s my hand, take it and walk with me to your Calvary, I will walk every painful step with you… I have walked it before.’


Lord, I’m weary, alone, my heart is broken the next breath feels too painful for me to take.


‘Here are my arms, let them enfold you as you bend your knees in Gethsemane, I weep for your broken heart….I wept blood for you before.’


Lord, I’m weary and sick of life, the next moment seems too painful for me to live.


‘Here is my Spirit, let Him speak out your pain, let Him carry you and know that my life is your life for now and for ever….all I ask is for the next second.’


‘Dear Child, I know you are weary and broken, weary and lone, weary and sick of life… I have lived every moment with you. I have borne all your pain, let me help you carry it and know that I carry you in my arms. This moment will pass and there is a brighter dawn – let me hope for you until you can.’


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matt 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment